II. Manual and Automatic Collection of Personal Information of Users
1. All Users will be asked to provide necessary information for the purpose of registering in the Platform. For purposes of this provision, personal information may include, but are not limited to, the User’s real full name, address, location, phone number, email addresses, age, sex, job title and department of the User/registrant.
2. In addition to the aforementioned personal information, Sellers will also be required to provide details about their products which they intend to sell and display through the Platform. Sellers will also be required to provide details regarding their sales through the Platform. For purposes of this provision, personal information may include, but are not limited to, information appearing on their tax documents, barangay clearance documents, business permit documents including documents submitted to apply for a barangay clearance and/or business permits, such information may include, but are not limited to, information about the seller’s business(es), such as the company name or business name, trademarks and tradenames, business type and industry, Tax Identification Number, corporate registration details (i.e., details shown in the articles of incorporation, GIS and other similar documents), name of officers, treasurer and directors, principal place of business and contact information of the Seller’s company(ies), its location(s), and information concerning the Seller’s business license, among others. All of these shall be used to verify the authenticity of the Seller’s business(es), which may also be used by other Users to determine if they want to transact with this Seller.
3. In addition to aforementioned personal data and information which will be collected from the Users, Buyers, will also be asked to provide their preferences on what they are looking for in an item that they are interested in buying through the Platform via simple surveys for the purpose of allowing the Platform to readily present the products or line of products described by the Buyer and provide the latter better User experience.
4. When facilitating the sale transaction between and/or among the Users, the Users may be required to provide details regarding the sale, purchase, and payment transaction. For purposes of this provision, personal information may involve, but not limited to, bank account numbers, billing and delivery information, credit/debit card type, credit/debit card numbers, expiration dates and security code, as well as tracking information from cheques or money orders, or of similar payment methods.
5. Polaris may also collect the details that can be seen in the Platform, such as, but not limited to the User’s activities, transactions and interactions. This may likewise include information relating to the types and specifications of the products and services purchased, pricing and delivery information, dispute and complaint records, communications between Users and any information disclosed in any discussion forum.
6. Polaris will also be able to secure the User’s personal information if the User registers an account with Polaris through his/her/its social media account. The extent of the details that may be received by Polaris depends on the privacy settings of the User. This may include, but not limited to information such as, Username or nickname registered with the social media account, profile picture in the social media account, contact details in the social media account, registered email address with the social media account, and company name registered in the social media account. Should the User post information in the platform that is of public view or consents to the posting of information in the platform that is of public view, the User holds Polaris, its incorporators, directors, stockholders, shareholders, officers, employees and the like, free from any liability for damages or losses that may be incurred, directly or indirectly, from such posting.
7. Every User is notified that his/her/its account can be viewed by the public and, therefore, available to every internet User. Users should be cautious before posting anything in the Platform.
8. In cases of filing a complaint, the User will be required to provide details concerning his/her/its complaint. The User might also be required to provide additional information relevant to the settlement of the dispute.
9. In instances where a User will communicate with Polaris through its customer service, or any other department, Polaris may request for details or information from said User for purposes of verification and/or due diligence. Polaris may also record the correspondence with the User for improving the services of Polaris and for record-keeping concerning complaints and similar matters. For this purpose, User consents to the recording of the phone calls to him/her/it by Polaris at the User’s given numbers. As such, the User waives any right or claim against Polaris and holds the latter, its incorporators, directors, stockholders, shareholders, officers, employees and the like, free from any liability for the use of such recorded calls.
10. In instances where the User interacts with Polaris through electronic services, programs or applications or use services on the website, Polaris automatically requires certain data using different technologies, programs or applications which may be downloaded to the User’s device and which may modify the device’s settings. The data collected may primarily include, but is not limited to, the device’s operating system, the device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, the device’s make/model/type, the device’s viewport, the sites and/or applications simultaneously visited while in the Platform, the pages in the Platform visited, the items searched and inspected and the number of times visited, the device’s mobile equipment identifier or unique device identifier, and the referral/source link.
11. Applications to the Platform may involve gathering of information about the location of the User’s device using technologies such as GPS, Wi-Fi, and the like. Polaris may collect, use, disclose and/or process this information for the purpose of, but not limited to, determining the location-based services that the User has requested and/or to deliver relevant content to the User based on his/her/its location. If the User does not want Polaris to gather this kind of information, it is the responsibility of the User to adjust his/her/its device settings. The User bears the risk of being liable for damages and losses directly or indirectly connected with providing, intentionally or unintentionally, inaccurate location data/information. Use of VPNs, or other applications or programs, that may affect the location data/information is upon the User’s responsibility.
12. In any other instances when the User submits their personal information to Polaris.
13. Please note that the above mentioned list does not purport to be an exhaustive list of instances when Polaris will secure personal information but only sets out some general instances when personal information of the User may be collected. Additional data may also be required due to changes in applicable laws and rules.